Explanation of Doctors’ Qualifications
- Medical Degree – BMBS, BM, MBChB: These are all equivalent medical degrees. All doctors study at university for 5 or 6 years to obtain a medical degree, the exact name of this depends on the university.
- Additional Science degrees – BmedSci: This is a university degree awarded after 1-3 years of further study.
- Postgraduate Qualifications – DRCOG, DFFP, DRSH, CME: Diplomas awarded for studies in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Family Planning, sexual Health and Medical Education respectively.
- Membership of Royal College of General Practice – MRCGP/nMRCP: MRCGP is awarded for passing the membership exam of the Royal College of General Practitioners, and is the qualification allowing a doctor to practice as a GP.
- MSc Sports medicine: This is a postgraduate Masters Science degree in Sport Medicine.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.